Equipment & Safety Training Courses for Perth
Equip-Safe is a Perth based Registered Training Organisation founded in 1993. Equip-Safe provides High Risk Work Licence training and assessment for Forklift and EWP and nationally recognised training and assessment for Work Safely at Heights, Confined Space and other plant and equipment for work requirement, and VOC’s (Verification of Competencies) to businesses involved in industrial, mining, construction, and local government industries across the state.
Our modern training facility is conveniently located in Welshpool, on the corner of Orrong Road and Pilbara Street.
Equip-Safe offer a variety of equipment safety training courses for operators at our Welshpool training premises
We run regular equipment safety training courses throughout each month. Check our calendar for course dates.
This handbook contains general information regarding Equip-Safe’s policies and procedures, available services and requirements.
More About Equip-Safe | Safety Training For Equipment Operators
Our modern training facility is conveniently located in Welshpool, on the corner of Orrong Road and Pilbara Street. There is plenty of free parking available. Our facility is well maintained with air conditioned training rooms.
Equip-Safe conduct the following safety training courses.
- Forklift training with our two late model forklifts.
- EWP training for High Risk Work Licences and EWPA Yellow Cards using our two Scissor Lifts, 18 metre self-drive straight boom EWP and 12 metre self-drive knuckle boom EWP.
- Working Safely at Heights using a variety of harnesses and other Heights safety equipment including static lines, anchor points, rope safety lines, and descender unit.
- Confined Space training in 3 different types of Confined Spaces. You will use a Gas Detector to check and monitor the atmosphere during each entry. You will wear a Confined Space harness and use a tripod and winch in a simulated rescue.
- Chainsaw and Quick Cut Saw training using late model equipment. You will learn basic maintenance requirements to allow you keep your machines operating efficiently and safely.
- All of this, plus other mobile plant and equipment training can also be conducted at your site.
If you would like to receive more information on any of our safety training courses or about our training facilities, please contact us on
WorkSafe has issued a reminder about the serious health hazards associated with wall chasing work and urged that the work only be performed in accordance with workplace safety and health laws.
Construction workers need to be aware of the risks of exposure to dust and carbon monoxide, noise, saw kick-back and serious cuts when chasing walls with hand-held power tools.
WorkSafe has issued warnings over a number of years about the hazards involved in operating petrol powered chasing saws indoors without direct fume extraction, including the risk of exposure to unacceptable levels of carbon monoxide and other exhaust gases.
A worker’s exposure to carbon monoxide when using a petrol-powered chasing saw without exhaust extraction or within walls is well above the legal occupational exposure standard.