Location and Frequency
Courses are scheduled weekly at Equip-Safe’s training venue on the corner of Orrong Road and Pilbara Street in Welshpool (Unit 10, 477 Orrong Road), or can be conducted on client’s premises, (please contact Equip-Safe for on-site pricing)
Duration and Costs
One day confined space training and assessment – $290.00.
Confined Space Training Course Content
- Duty of Care of all people in the workplace
- Definition of a confined space
- Identification of confined space
- Confined Space Entry Permit
- Hazard identification and control measure
- Oxygen levels, engulfment / flooding, heat / fire, contaminants e.g. Gases, fumes, particles, dust, vapours, chemicals
- Risk control – Job Safety Analysis / Risk Analysis
- Hierarchy of hazard control
- Rescue Plan
- Gas detection and use of a gas monitor (does not include calibrating the unit)
- Standby person and their duties
- Isolation procedures
Construction Training Fund Rebate
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Eligible companies/individuals must be:
- Directly employed in the building and construction industry in Western Australia construction companies undertaking projects in Western Australia
- Self-employed and undertaking work which is directly involved in the construction process
Where eligibility of an applicant is in question the Training Fund will seek evidence of eligibility via review of a detailed, recent work history.
If an individual is unemployed at the time of undertaking a short course recognised by the Training Fund, they must be able to:
- Demonstrate that they were directly employed in the construction industry in Western Australia for a minimum of six months, within 6 months prior to the date of course commencement; or if no recent work experience is involved have written evidence of a relevant employment offer from an eligible company or contractor in the construction industry prior to making a claim.
Please visit the Construction Training Fund website for further information www.bcitf.org
Click on one of the following links for more information
- JHA/JSA – Sample Job Hazard Analysis/Job Safety Analysis for a simple Confined Space Entry task
- Sample Rescue Plan
- Sample of a Confined Space Entry Permit
- Construction Training Fund
Enquire About The Confined Space Training Course