These units satisfy the requirements of the Western Power ‘Work Practice Manual’ Section 2.6 which includes:
- All EWP operators and safety observers must be trained and competent in the use of emergency retrieval systems relevant to the EWP they are using.
- Note: Refresher training is to be undertaken every 12 months.
- The EWP basket operator must be competent in emergency descent rescue.
- The EWP ground-based operator must be competent in the operation of the EWP
In an emergency
- If an EWP has mechanical failure and cannot be lowered, and the personnel are safe, they must remain in the bucket until a second EWP arrives onsite toeffect a rescue.
- The EDD rope-style device is only to be used in time-critical, life threatening situations.
Location and Frequency
Courses are scheduled on an as-needed basis at Equip-Safe’s premises on the corner of Orrong Road and Pilbara Street in Welshpool (Unit 10, 477 Orrong Road), or can be conducted on client’s premises.
- Dependant on experience, and if the operator holds the pre-requisite unit HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation which is required for UETTDRRF03B Perform EWP Rescue. The time required can vary between 2 hours and one day.
- For those who hold all relevant competencies and are doing refresher training/assessment, courses are generally scheduled in the afternoon from 2pm.
EWP Rescue / EWP Controlled Descent Training Course Content
Duty of Care of all people in the workplace
Performance Evidence and Knowledge Evidence as required of UETTDRRF03B
Perform EWP Rescue and UETTDRRF08B
Perform EWP Controlled Descent
Various benchmarks and requirements when performing the tasks
- Prepare to perform EWP rescue procedures
- Carry out EWP rescue procedures
- Complete the EWP rescue procedure
- Prepare to perform EWP controlled descent escape
- Carry out EWP controlled descent escape
- Complete the EWP controlled descent escape procedure
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is a pre-requisite for UETTDRRF03B Perform EWP Rescue. Those who hold a Statement of Attainment for HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, or the qualification HLTAID003 Provide First Aid do not have to complete this unit.
- Those who hold an older qualification for First Aid that includes CPR, but not the unit HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, will be offered RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning). These operators will not be required to undergo the CPR training, but will be required to complete the assessments for HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. (Equip-Safe’s handout book and assessment requirements can be requested to be sent to operators completing the assessment only prior to attending the course to allow them to study the contents of the material.)
Enquire About The Emergency Decent Training Course