Location and Frequency
Courses are scheduled weekly at Equip-Safe’s training venue on the corner of Orrong Road and Pilbara Street in Welshpool (Unit 10, 477 Orrong Road), or can be conducted on client’s premises, (please contact Equip-Safe for on-site pricing)
Duration and Costs
One day assessment (pre-course reading and questionnaire to be completed prior to attending the session) for experienced operators only – $290.00.
Two-day forklift training and assessment – $400.00
Saturday Courses – One day $350.00. Two days $460.00
Worksafe require a fee of $94.00 for the High Risk Work Licence application. Equip-Safe will collect the $94.00 from you, and will send your application direct to Worksafe. If you already hold an existing High Risk Work Licence for another class, then $70.00 is required to add the LF class to your Licence. No other additional charges will apply for this service. Upon successful completion of the course an Interim Licence will be issued which will allow you to operate a forklift from that date.
Forklift Training Course Content
Conduct routine checks
- Read and interpret forklift rated capacity plate
- Correct isolation and tagging procedure
- Hazard identification and control measures
- Hierarchy of hazard control
Check controls and equipment
- Safe operation
- Correct driving technique
- Manoeuvre in tight areas (Pivot Point & Rear End Swing)
- Stack and unstack loads
- Park safely an shut down
- Must be 18 years of age
- Reasonably good reading and writing and numeracy ability.
- Provide 2 forms of identification. (One form of I.D. must be government issued photo I.D. e.g.a Passport, or an Australian driver’s license)
Construction Training Fund Rebate
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
Eligible companies/individuals must be:
- Directly employed in the building and construction industry in Western Australia construction companies undertaking projects in Western Australia
- Self-employed and undertaking work which is directly involved in the construction process
Where eligibility of an applicant is in question the Training Fund will seek evidence of eligibility via review of a detailed, recent work history.
If an individual is unemployed at the time of undertaking a short course recognised by the Training Fund, they must be able to:
- Demonstrate that they were directly employed in the construction industry in Western Australia for a minimum of six months, within 6 months prior to the date of course commencement; or if no recent work experience is involved have written evidence of a relevant employment offer from an eligible company or contractor in the construction industry prior to making a claim.
Please visit the Construction Training Fund website for further information www.bcitf.org
Click on one of the following links for more information
- Equipsafe better forkliftJHA/JSA – Sample of a generic Job Hazard Analysis/Job Safety Analysis for operating a forklift
- JHA/JSA – Sample of a Job Hazard Analysis/Job Safety Analysis for moving pallets or loads around a yard
- Sample of a “Take 5” Risk Analysis
- Sample pre operational checklist
- Worksafe Guidance Note: Working Safely with Forklifts
- Construction Training Fund
Enquire About The Forklift Training Course