- WE TRAIN ON THE MACHINE, NOT ON THE SCREEN
- TWO LATE MODEL FORKLIFTS WITH LOW HOURS
- MODERN PREMISES AND FACILITIES
- CONVENIENT LOCATION (cnr Pilbara Street and Orrong Road, Welshpool)
- AMPLE FREE PARKING
- FREE REFRESHER PRACTICE
- WEEKLY COURSES
- SATURDAY COURSES AVAILABLE
Equip-Safe believe that people learn by ‘doing’. We focus on training you on the forklift, and not in the classroom. Courses are scheduled weekly at Equip-Safe’s training venue on the corner of Orrong Road and Pilbara Street in Welshpool, or can be conducted on client’s premises. Saturday courses are available by request. Please contact Equip-Safe for on-site pricing.
Our classes have a maximum of 8 participants so that everyone can have sufficient time operating the two forklifts.
After attending our course, you are welcome to return and practice what you have learned at no cost. This would need to be organised to ensure the forklifts were not being used on a course.
Duration and Costs
- One day ‘assessment only’ for experienced operators only (pre-course reading and questionnaire to be completed prior to attending the session) – $250.00.
- Two-day forklift training and assessment – $350.00.
- Saturday Courses – One day $310.00. Two days $410.00.
- Worksafe High Risk Licence application fee – $95.00. (If you already hold a High Risk Licence for another class then the application fee is $71.00).
- Passport Photos for High Risk Licence – $15.00. (You are welcome to supply your own. They must be no older than six months and passport size and quality).
- Equip-Safe will send your application to Worksafe. You have nothing more to do after you finish the course. No charges or fees will apply for this service.
- An Interim High Risk Work Licence will be issued upon successful completion of the course which will allow you to operate a forklift from that date.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Reasonably good reading writing and numeracy ability.
- Provide 2 forms of identification. (One form of I.D. must be government issued photo I.D. e.g.a Passport, or an Australian driver’s license)
Construction Training Fund Rebate
The Construction Training Fund provides funding support for training of eligible workers in the construction industry. We acknowledge the support of the Construction Training Fund in reducing the costs of training for eligible workers.
The rebate provided by Construction Training Fund on Equip-Safe forklift courses may be up to 70% of the course cost. (The rebate does not apply to the Worksafe Application fee or the cost of Passport Photos.)
Forklift Training Course Content
- Hazard identification and control measures
- Hierarchy of hazard control
Conduct routine checks
- Read and interpret forklift rated capacity plate
- Correct isolation and tagging procedure
- Check controls and equipment
- Safe operation
- Correct driving technique
- Manoeuvre in tight areas (Pivot Point & Rear End Swing)
- Stack and unstack loads
- Operate in different environments
- Park safely and shut down
Construction Training Fund
Eligible companies/individuals must be:
- Directly employed in the building and construction industry in Western Australia construction companies undertaking projects in Western Australia
- Self-employed and undertaking work which is directly involved in the construction process
Where eligibility of an applicant is in question the Training Fund will seek evidence of eligibility via review of a detailed, recent work history.
If an individual is unemployed at the time of undertaking a short course recognised by the Construction Training Fund, they must be able to:
- Demonstrate that they were directly employed in the construction industry in Western Australia for a minimum of six months, within 6 months prior to the date of course commencement; or if no recent work experience is involved have written evidence of a relevant employment offer from an eligible company or contractor in the construction industry prior to making a claim.
Please visit the Construction Training Fund website for further information www.bcitf.org
Click on one of the following links for more information
- Equipsafe forklift JHA/JSA – Sample of a generic Job Hazard Analysis/Job Safety Analysis for operating a forklift
- JHA/JSA – Sample of a Job Hazard Analysis/Job Safety Analysis for moving pallets or loads around a yard
- Sample of a “Take 5” Risk Analysis
- Sample pre operational checklist
- Worksafe Guidance Note: Working Safely with Forklifts
- Construction Training Fund
Enquire About The Forklift Training Course